Saturday 13 June 2015

The Month of June

For me, June is about saying goodbye to Spring for another year and welcoming Summer with open arms.

Summer skies 


The days are long and warm and it feels so nice to feel the sun on my face. I can have the doors and windows open wide, I can step into the garden without putting on an extra layer. I can enjoy leisurely strolls across the meadows.

The Meadow

It is also the time of year where the garden starts to bloom. Flowers emerge into a beautiful array of colour. 

Red Hot Pokers
Rose
Chives
Pansy

The first crops of home grown vegetables and salads are ripe for the picking. Nothing tastes better than those tender lettuce leaves in a salad. Dining outside underneath the patio table parasol just makes this month even more lovely. 


Sunny days



No comments:

Post a Comment