Friday 5 June 2015

Bathroom Makeover

I knew the bathroom needed working on as soon as I saw the avacado suite! It wasn't just about the colour either, the bath was in poor condition and was very deep and narrow. The pink and white patterned tiles were not to my taste and the room felt cold, dark and small. Unfortunately I do not have any before pictures of the bathroom!

We had several quotes to fit a new bathroom suite but all designers insisted it was not possible for us to tile the walls ourselves. Apparently it needed doing as soon as the old suite was taken out. We wanted to keep costs down so in the end bought a white suite from the DIY store and found a local plummer to fit it for us. 

It took 2 days in total and then we could get working on tiling. I say we but I mean my husband!

The work begins! I chose big cream tiles to make the room brighter

 I chose big cream tiles for the bathroom so the room would look nice and bright.


Keeping the décor natural meant that I could have a variety of colourful accsesories and change them as often as I wished. I have several sets of bath mats, towels and flannels. At the moment mauve is my favourite as it's soft and gentle looking and very Spring like.  

 





I picked some Cows Parsley but it did not last long in the bathroom. It looked really pretty though!

I think my husband did a fantastic job of the tiles, considering he had never done anything like this before.

The little jug is from B&Q! At only £4 I think it was a bargain.

The bathroom feels really nice now and it is so nice to unwind in the bath after a long busy day with a few candles lit.



4 comments:

  1. Well done! Tiling is the perfect beginner project. My hubby did it for the first time about 8 years ago, and now he'll do anytime, anywhere including my sister's house and my Mom's. Our next tiling project is the floor in the powder room - vintage looking hexagon tiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Fortunately my husband really enjoyed tiling and found it rewarding so has been eager to tackle other DIY jobs. Vintage looking hexagon tiles sound lovely!

      Delete
  2. Looks very nice! Was avacado suites the rage at some point in history were they?! Our old house had the same! My gran still has an avacado suite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think they must have been all the rage once! It's funny how styles change. I often wonder if we'll look back in years to come and think styles today terrible old fashioned!

      Delete