Tuesday 2 June 2015

Garden Days

I love this time of the year when the garden springs to life after a long winter. The nights are getting lighter, it's warm enough to enjoy drinks outside on the patio and the doors can be left wide open!

Feels lovely to be outside again!

As you know from my previous post, I did not have much of a garden last year so it was lovely to see buds appearing on the trees and new shoots growing on shrubs.

I could not wait to get started sowing seeds in the greenhouse.  I would like more colour in the flower beds so I decided to grow a variety of flowers as well as salad and vegetables.

Isn't is lovely to see the greenhouse being used again after the winter?

This year, I treated myself to a potting bench! I have wanted one for a while now and thought it would be ever so useful. I was right! It has handy hooks on one side, which is perfect for keeping my gardening tools organised. No more excuses for loosing my dibber and plant labels!

My potting bench. My lovely friend Rachael from Sew, Ray, Me sent me these little seed packets that she made. How cute are they?!

I found the little cream watering can in a local antique shop a few years ago. Its perfect for giving seeds a drop of water when they have just been planted. The flower pot, seed tin, paper pot maker and fork were from Sainsurys. I just love the garden accessories they have on sale at the moment, 

I've been busy planting up some pots for the patio too. My husband and I both enjoy relaxing with a drink on the patio in the warmer evenings in front of the log burner. 




I would love to hear about what you are growing in the garden this year. Isn't it exciting when seedlings begin to germinate?! Hopefully we shall have some nice warm weather to help everything grow. 

3 comments:

  1. You pots are looking very pretty. It is always worth all the hard work, isn't it? I just did a post about some of my "current" blooms in my garden. Pop by and have a look!
    www.queenbcreativeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pots are looking very pretty. It is always worth all the hard work, isn't it? I just did a post about some of my "current" blooms in my garden. Pop by and have a look!
    www.queenbcreativeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I find gardening so rewarding. Just an hour spent weeding, pruning, pottering about can make such a difference. I really must do some wedding tomorrow. I would love to stop by your blog. I shall make a cuppa and enjoy a read

    ReplyDelete