Friday 12 June 2015

Pressing Flowers Part 2

A week ago I pressed some flowers in a press I purchased from Laura Ashley. You can read about it here. Well today I could not wait any longer so I had a look! Much to my delight the tiny flowers I had pressed between the sheets of blotting paper were perfectly pressed.

Getting ready to open the flower press. Isn't the press pretty?
Beautifully pressed flowers!
If you like flowers, I highly recommend treating yourself to this lovely flower press. It preserves flowers beautifully. I picked little flowers, petals and leaves to press and left them for a week. I would leave larger flowers a little longer.





As I write this post, we have been issued a weather warning for thunderstorms, expected later this afternoon. Perfect time to spend that time playing around with ideas on how to use these pressed flowers. As for now, I shall make the most of the nice weather and pick more flowers from the garden and meadow so I can press some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment