Sunday 7 June 2015

A week in Devon

I
Brixham, Devon
Last month my husband and I spent a week in Devon. We both love the coast and often go to Cornwall but we thought it would be nice to see somewhere else for a change. We found a lovely cottage near the harbour in Brixham that also welcomed dogs. That is something very important for us when we book a holiday as we could not leave our dog behind. He loves the beaches too much!




On the Ferry







We were very lucky with the weather, apart from the odd rain shower. We took the ferry across to Torquay and had a stroll around the marina. Our dog was allowed on the ferry too. He was ever so good.














We drove to a little village called Cockington and my, how pretty it was! Such a typical English countryside village. We enjoyed a Devonshire cream tea in the cafe garden. I bought a horse shoe from a gift shop for the garden gate.

Cockington Village

We had a  lovely week away and enjoyed ourselves very much. We created some happy memories. My husband also surprised me with a night away at Jamaica Inn, just off the A30 in Cornwall! He thought, seeing as we were so close to the Cornwall border, he would treat us to a night's stay. You can read all about it in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment